Pages

Taylor Swift Sings With Laryngitis At Jingle Ball!

Taylor Swift was ailing when she took the stage at Friday’s KIIS FM Jingle Ball concert at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles. She tweeted, “I’m about to go onstage at @1027KIISFM #KIISJingleBall in LA. Fun fact: I have a wicked case of laryngitis. This should be interesting!” How did she do? Check out the videos below!
The chart-topping singer performed “Shake It Off,” “Blank Space,” “We Are Never Getting Back Together” and other hits for an appreciative audience. Earlier in the day, Swift received three Grammy nominations for “Shake It Off,” even though her full 1989 album debuted too late for consideration this year.

In a recent Billboard cover interview, Swift reflected on the unbelievable popularity of 1989, especially after everyone around her expressed concerns about her transition to pop and her vision for the songs themselves. “Everyone, in and out of the music business, kept telling me that my opinion and my viewpoint was naive and
overly optimistic — even my own label,” she told the magazine. “But when we got those first-day numbers in, all of a sudden, I didn’t look so naive anymore.”
Check out some of Swift’s performances, with laryngitis, from Friday’s Jingle Ball show in the videos below. What do you think?